The kamounia is a Tunisian dish. This is a sauce made sheep meat or liver.
You can find the French version here.
Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- 300g of sheep liver (or offal)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1.5 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp chili powder or paprika
- 1 teaspoon caraway and coriander
- 1.5 cc of cumin
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- olive oil (about 10 mL)
- Put a background of olive oil in a pan, the chopped onion, liver cut into small pieces (3-4 cm ), spices (except cumin), salt and pepper.
- Add tomato paste over.
- Put on a bonfire and cook without adding water for 3-5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add half the water hot, and cook covered for 15 minutes.
- Put the crushed garlic in the sauce. and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the cumin and cook for 10 minutes.
- When cooked, the sauce should be quite thick.
This dish can be accompanied with parsley and onion finely chopped or chips.
Enjoy your meal!